Saturday 10 March 2012

A Personal View on Relationships

In my view, the best form of relationship and the most likely to succeed is one between a man and a women who live in separate homes and live independent lifestyles but meet and spend time together as and when required. This includes married couples. After all, most of the problems that couples have are due to a lack of independence and control, limitations on choice, financial problems, house duties, spending too much time together amongst other matters. These problems would be avoided if couples lived separately. Love, fidelity, support and trust would still be essential ingredients of this type of relationship. This also does not rule out (or rule in) having children. During specific periods both partners could live together.  Of course, this arrangement depends on the financial well-being of each partner but saying that 2 flats are often cheaper than 1 house. I am currently single (perhaps not surprisingly) but if I do form another relationship, then this is the form that I want it to take. As far as women are concerned, I am happy to form relationships with any race, religion or nationality; providing that they live in England and always will. The relationship could operate outside marriage or lead to marriage. I am in my mid-40's. I am a Professional but currently unemployed so there are unfortunately financial constraints (on my side) but intend to get a job as soon as possible. I have my own flat and car. This is not a lonely hearts advert because I am not actively seeking a partner but if a relationship just develops then this is the course that I want it to take. Although I am single, I am not lonely and hate this ignorant stereotype that many people have of people not in relationships. I am a fan of John Lennon but hate the concept of the type of relationship he had with Yoko Ono, in other words `we are one and the same'; the reason being is that from childhood through to adolescence we are taught to become more independent but as soon as we "marry" that process goes into reversal and our independence starts to be eroded. Some people may argue that this is a simplistic and immature way of looking at grown up relationships and they may well have a point but each to their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment