Monday 19 March 2012

Israel & the Jewish People

I am British (English-Persian bloodline) and a Roman Catholic.

I respect Jews and support the existence of the State of Israel. Jesus Christ was Jewish so all Christians should respect the Jewish race and religion. World Jewry has made an enormous contribution to our world and I also admire them for this. Hitler's hatred of Jews was due to envy as well as racism in its most evil form. The holocaust was without question the most evil crime against humanity in history. I am proud of my grandfather's role as a soldier in the British armed forces which led to the defeat of Nazi Germany. As Winston Churchill said `it was our finest hour'.

That does not mean that I have support for the Government of the State of Israel because I do not, in fact, I condemn its treatment of Palestinians and its aggressive and threatening position towards its Arab neighbours and Iran. I hope that Israel returns to the peace table and reaches a peaceful settlement with the Palestinians and its Arab neighbours. This settlement must include the recognition of Palestine as an independent and free State and conceding some of  "its" land.

I also codemn any anti-semitism from politicians in Iran if the reported anti-semitism are accurate. Denial of the holocaust is unacceptable. The holocaust happened, my late grandfather was a witness to this when he and other British (& American) soldiers went into and cleared out the concentration camps at the end of the war. The holocaust and the scale of the evil extent of the holocaust is a true and undeniable fact. Anybody who denies it is either evil or deluded or a nazi sympathiser or all three. Personally, I do not believe Iran is a threat to Israel or any other nation. Modern Iran does not invade other countries and will only do so if attacked first. Nor does Iran pose a nuclear threat to Israel.

Iran (Persia) and Israel are both mentioned in the Holy Bible and are amongst the most important nations in the history of mankind. It is essential for the survival and progress of both nations that they learn to live in peaceful co-existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment